Sunday 17 April 2011

Fearing for my sanity...

The other day, I attempted to make a Stablemate scale tack set. Yep, you heard right. I've used the term 'cross eyed' before, when painting appaloosa spots on a micro, or when buckling up a grackle bridle on one of my models, but now I know the real meaning.

This is my first attempt ever at making tack smaller than Classic scale, minus a few foal slips etc. I'm chuffed, and hopefully I'll improve at this, because this set isn't very realistic. Can't wait to start showing it! Here it is on Dandelion, my Equorum Pixie Pony - just a bit smaller than SM scale. I made the jump too - from lolly sticks, cocktail sticks, paper, paint and some fake bushes. The rider's a Britains one - I still need to touch him up, and his actual horse is still being primed but I just stuck him on.



Scuse the shoddy pics - and in the second one, the saddle flaps are sticking out which makes them look really short.

On another note, yesterday, I was in town shopping with my mum, for a pair of shoes. The pair I got had over a tenner off, so we quickly nipped into the toy shop, and I grabbed the nearest Schleich - the newer shetland pony. I don't really like this mould and colour combo - but today I sprayed the last of my primer out - I hate using brushes and gesso, my normal medium. He looks loads better primed, and I also got some white on a few others too. I'm going to paint him appaloosa, so he can probably be a British Spotted Pony.

Olivia

2 comments:

  1. Eeep! :o That's seriously good - especially when you consider how tiny it all is! Love the jump too - you should edit out that leg support though! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah haven't got round to that :p Unfortunately my editing skills are not up to much ;)

    ReplyDelete